Middleton Family Stuff

This is where friends and family can read about new happenings in the Middleton house, as long as I remember to write about them.

10.20.2005

My Grrrr! of the Week

Memo to HR and "Talent" departments:
When you decide to conduct a search for candidates to interview for positions, don't waste their time. Get yer darn budgets in order first!! Don't have them try to fake assorted doctor and dentist appointments, or sick kids, for the sake of your interview process, then in the end tell them you really want to hire them but suddenly you don't have the budget for the position! Huh?

I interviewed for a new job... great company, nice people, more $$$, and telecommuting possibilities! They contacted my references and it sounded to me like it was a sure thing. Then yesterday they called to tell me that I was the one they wanted to hire, but things had changed that afternoon and they were not able to hire anyone. I'm so disappointed. Now I have to backtrack and fill out the dumb "big brother" timekeeper here at work that I have purposely ignored for the past 3 weeks, thinking I'd be gone by the end of the month. Sigh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nealobus said...

No worries, sista!

Something will come through. Same thing happened with me and adidas about two months ago. If a company is willing to give you the runaround before you even start, imagine what it would be like when you worked there.

We'll get you out of here...then you can come back for me, right?

1:59 PM  
Blogger britintheus said...

Wait, Kathleen...following Neal's lead, if you ended up making WW2 jokes during the interview that isn't good. If it was a german sports company, that is even worse.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I guess Neal needs to learn to keep his mouth shut during an interview :):)

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home