Middleton Family Stuff

This is where friends and family can read about new happenings in the Middleton house, as long as I remember to write about them.

8.09.2005

Field Trips


Jack finished his summer day camps at the MJCC where he has been since the end of June and started again this week at the day camp at the Garden Home Rec Center. He kept asking, "When am I going back to Garden Home?" so I'm glad he's somewhere he likes. After 5+ years of going to the JCC every day for care, day camps and preschool, I think it's stranger for me not go there than him. But tomorrow will be a test of nerves, sort of. The thing that attracted me to this camp was the exciting field trips to places all over the Portland area. But tomorrow they are going all the way to Cannon Beach. At first, Guy and I planned on keeping him home that day ("no WAY are they taking our baby to the beach - without a car seat no less!!"). But the trip is all Jack talks about, so we can't not let him go. I told Mom I would be worried and she said, "Well, you're just going to have to be worried!" Indeed. I guess I'm going to have to get used to worrying as Jack grows up and heads out in to the world more often without us. I'll try to keep any images of careening school buses, carseat-less 5-year-olds and wandering children out of my head for the day. What I'll look forward to seeing is Jack's slightly sunburned cheeks, wind-tossed hair, sandy legs and big smile when he gets back safe and sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home